In Odessa, the Sea Protest March is taking place - this is how Ukrainian sailors meet the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky.
In Odessa, the Sailors went to the March with an appeal to the President
“The corruption hydra that has swallowed the Ministry of Infrastructure, the Maritime Administration, the Qualification Commission, Capitania and other institutions involved in issuing documents to seafarers wants to continue to feed on hundreds of millions of bribes from seafarers!” - with such slogans, sailors and workers of the maritime sector came out to meet the President.
The Internet community, which united under the Telegramm channel and gathered more than 8 thousand sailors in its ranks, sent an open letter to the President of Ukraine with a request to immediately intervene and solve the problem that has already led to the collapse of the sphere. The community is asking for help to stop this process.
But their appeal was not heard. Unfortunately, all requests for a meeting between the President and representatives of the maritime asset were ignored.
Therefore, on October 13, on the day of the President's arrival in Odessa, the sailors announced a Sea Protest March.
In an open appeal to the President, the following was announced:
“We ask you on behalf of all seafarers of Ukraine:
- Solve the issue of verification in the State Register of Seamen of Ukraine (today the possibility of verification is available through illegally existing agents who take money for their services - the place where the data is stored and who is their manager - a question that remains unanswered).
- Amendments to Article 51 of the Merchant Shipping Code of Ukraine in terms of recognizing the conditions under which seafarers will be able to receive confirmation of diplomas without passing an exam. This opportunity is provided for in the 1978 International Convention on the Training and Certification of Seafarers, which Ukraine ratified back in 196! Those. we have not yet implemented rules that destroy up to 70% of corruption in this area. As of today, the registered bill is 3944, which must be submitted to the next plenary session of the Verkhovna Rada. And in this we also need the assistance of the President, since we understand that everyone interested in maintaining corruption schemes will do everything to prevent the bill from being approved.
- To end the vicious practice of "the legitimacy of certificates only from" their own training centers, which are in a corruption scheme "(today only 10% of existing training centers are legitimate). Prior to the adoption of amendments to Article 51 of the Merchant Shipping Code of Ukraine, to adopt the Regulation of the Cabinet of Ministers confirmation. diplomas without examination, in accordance with the International Convention for the Training and Certification of Seafarers, 1978 (draft developed).
- Determine in the qualification requirements for the management of the Maritime Administration, for the management of structural divisions that deal with certification issues and the performance of supervisory and control functions - the obligatory maritime education, work experience on sea vessels, the system of certification of seafarers ”.
At the time of publication of the material, there is no information about whether Vladimir Zelensky reacted to the appeal of the sailors.
We will remind, today in Odessa, Volodymyr Zelenskyy meets with the President of Poland Andrzej Duda. A Ukrainian-Polish forum is planned in the city, within the framework of which representatives of both states will discuss cooperation in the field of transport, transit, energy and infrastructure.
- The submarine drowned a tanker in the Black Sea
- Passenger motor ships UDP complete cruise navigation in 2017.
- In 2018, for the first time an American aircraft carrier will arrive in Vietnam
- The "UDP" summed up the results of passenger navigation in 2016