Crewing › Carisbrooke Shipping Ltd
Carisbrooke Shipping Ltd
- Isle of Wight, 38, Medina Road Cowes Isle of Wight, PO31 7DA
- +44 (0) 1983 284 100; Fax: +44 (0) 1983 284 199
Carisbrooke Shipping owns / operates a fleet of over 65 modern dry cargo and multi-purpose vessels from offices in Cowes (UK), Zwijndrecht (Holland) and Bremen (Germany).
All key aspects of ship management are covered by the Carisbrooke Group, including chartering / operations, technical and safety management, crewing and financial administration.
The vessels managed are modern, with an average age of around five years and excellent safety records, and the company has developed a fleet of fuel-efficient vessels over the past few years.
The vessels trade worldwide and are operated by highly-trained, multinational crews.
Professional, motivated and highly-trained crew are “fundamental” to safe and efficient shipboard operations in today’s competitive market.
Carisbrooke Shipping manages a pool of experienced Officers and Ratings, who are all highly-trained and committed to our company, vessels and clients’ needs. We implement strong policies and procedures to ensure high standards are achieved and maintained. Carisbrooke embraces, equality, team spirit and family values, and crew welfare is a priority in crew retention.
We operate a careful and thorough screening and recruitment process to ensure the identification of the best candidates for our fleet.
Our Crew Management Team has a wealth of experience and is dedicated to delivering a personal and professional service to our clients and crews.
Crew Management Services include:
- Ensuring all Crew meet STCW and MLC requirements
- Recruitment / Selection / Planning and Deployment
- Cost-Effective Crew Change formalities / Crew Travel
- Regular performance monitoring and evaluations
- Maintaining accurate personnel file records and database
- Crew Payroll / Allotments
- P&I Insurance (including claims management)
- Enhanced Safety Training / vessel-specific
- Cadet and Officer Training Development
- Union / CBA cover and negotiations