Blue Ocean Drilling
- Хьюстон, 818 Town & Country Blvd., Suite 330, Houston, Texas 77024
- +1 281-231-2790; Toll Free: +1 844-371-7702; Fax: +1 832-218-112
Blue Ocean Drilling affiliate Shandong Offshore International Company Ltd. has acquired Northern Offshore Ltd., a Houston, Texas based publicly traded offshore drilling company. Blue Ocean and Northern will be merged into a single organization under the Northern Offshore brand. The new organization will have a fleet that includes one drillship, one semi-submersible, one floating production platform and two jackups. Six new build high specification jackups are currently under construction.
«The acquisition of Northern Offshore Ltd. is a positive step in achieving our vision of building a high-performing offshore drilling organization to meet the current and future needs of the Global E&P Sector,» said Dr. Sun Yuanhui, Chairman of Blue Ocean Drilling.
Blue Ocean Drilling has contracted Shanghai Waigaoqiao Shipbuilding in Shanghai, China for the construction of two Gusto MSC CJ46 design deep water jack-up rigs. The first two rigs are expected to be delivered by the shipyard in the second and fourth quarters of 2016. In addition, the company has option agreements in 3Q 2014 and 1Q 2015 in place for the construction of up to four Gusto MSC CJ50 design deep water jackup rigs.
- Capable of Operations in water depths of 375’ in harsh environment setting.
- X-Y Cantilever design (70’x40’) that provides significantly larger drilling envelope at max loads
- Capable of drilling to 30,000’ well depth
- Offline stand building for increased operational efficiency
- Equipped with 7,500 psi mud system with 3 each 2200HP Mud Pumps
- 4,520 bbls. liquid mud storage
- 1,255 bbls. each of base oil and brine storage
- 14,830 cu ft. of bulk tank storage capacity
- Outfitted with quarters capacity for 120 persons